Sunday 4 June 2017

Crossing the Sea

Today sees the start of the new challenge at Stamping Sensations - and for June we have Visible Image as our generous sponsors.
The challenge is to 'Use Your Favourite Stamp'.

How difficult is that???? I have lots of stamps I like and it is impossible to choose a favourite so instead I chose one that I have used a lot as it is I think a great versatile background.
I used it on a lot of ordinary occasion cards - Birthdays, Get Well, Sympathy altering the look by masking and stamping small areas rather than the whole background and adding other stamps. (examples HERE and HERE)

This time I used the entire stamp inked in Certainly Celery.

Not sure why I chose green as the background colour instead of blue considering the 'sea' reference but it looks OK!

The large ship stamp was by Flonzcraft, inked in Smokey Grey and stamped several times to obtain the depth of colour I wanted.

The sentiment stamp is from another set, stamped onto left over card, edges distressed and 'hung' with a bit of string and a brad.
A bit of embellie - a scrap of hessian and a tiny seahorse - couldn't resist!

Hope you can find the time to join in with us this month - am currently away on my travels again but hoping to find a spare hour to visit everyone! x  

19 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Being a bit thick here. It took me several minutes to realise that the stamp your referring to is the knotty wood effect. Der!!! The sea is a greeny colour going on blue so looks perfect with your ship stamp. Love the bit of hemp. Hugs Mrs A.

aussie aNNie said...

Another fabulous beauty.x[aNNie]

brenda said...

A super masculine card Viv and like the addition of the hessian behind the charm.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

B x

Cara said...

Obviously, you went with green as blue would have been too obvious. Nothing to do with staring at um, lots of greens. This is so delicate, love the little seahorse. Hope you have a safe and enjoyable tour X

Liz said...

Super card, love the design. What a lovely background stamp. xx

Canonbury creations said...

What a fab layout Viv! I too love that background and I love the nautical theme. The hanging sentiment is brilliant!! x

Kathleen said...

That is really one super image and a really lovely card.

Kath x

Joan said...

Fab card Viv, I almost used the wood stamp as my fave as, like you, I've found its one of the most versatile stamps I have. I do love that littel sea horse too

Joan

Joan said...

Fab card Viv, I almost used the wood stamp as my fave as, like you, I've found its one of the most versatile stamps I have. I do love that littel sea horse too

Joan

Sally H said...

Wonderful card, Viv! Yes, I too love my wooden background stamp - great for making frames with in so many different ways. Hope you are having a great time x

Sarn said...

VERY difficult to pick a favourite from my collection of stamps - it's a miracle you managed to find your fave! Fab card and totally suitable for those "hard to make for" males!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

pinky said...

You made a perfect combination Viv, the card is gorgeous. Loving that shade of green.

Marlies said...

A beautiful elegant, stylish, card Viv. Love the vintage look it has! Marlies x

Pia S said...

I think green looks quite refreshing, and I think it works for a nautical design. I just think I've never have thought of this possibility... it's a great design!

Loll said...

Your green woodgrain background looks awesome, Viv! Love the colour!! And your hessian and seahorse are such fun embellishments to go with your ship image. xx

Tracy said...

I love that background colour and the stamp Viv, fab creation.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Pat said...

I love sea themes and this is gorgeous Viv. I adore the woodgrain in the green and the ship in full sail looks perfect against it, and I also love that banner hung with the string and generally distressed a bit. The hessian with the sweet metal seahorse charm looks great as a finishing touch too. x

Linby said...

I don't normally do green and this is the second card I've seen now with green as the basis and I love it. Maybe I'm changing as this certainly inspires me to CASE it - colours and all!

Ally said...

I will never understand why all are so good at CAS and I am not.
Love your card! The stamp is very cool.
xoxo, Ally