Tuesday 14 March 2017

A new try....

Finally galvanised myself into action - well sat and got some inks out anyway!
I have seen many cards where the creator has done a 'baby wipe' technique and I have never tried it. (mainly because I don't know anyone with a baby so I could steal the wipes.......😀😀)
I DO have some wipes that I use for cleaning my desk and after studying the packet - it said bleach free, so thought I would experiment and see if it worked - hey- the worst it could do was wreck an ink pad wasn't it???

Armed with a piece of watercolour paper and the said wipe I found the oldest (and shabbiest) of my Distress Inks (working on the basis that there was hardly any ink left in it and the edges were all shabby so no point re-inking) I put wipe to pad and began.
I began to get a little excited as it was actually working - added bonus it didn't seem to be having the Ink Pads screaming out in agony either!.

Once first colour on, (Antique Linen), applied some Tea Dye (not from a tea bag, but an ink pad 😏) across the middle and the bottom of the paper.
Weathered Wood came next - little dabs in the 'sky' and on the space left between the Tea Dye.
Tree stamps inked in Pumice Stone.

Left without any sentiment as have no idea what I am going to use it for - No doubt will add it on later when I have to find an emergency card!
I would welcome any comments from anyone but particularly from those clever bods who have perfected this technique and any tips would be useful - I found it quite enjoyable to do and am quite happy with the first attempt - might have another go today!

Sharing this with  -
Happy Little Stampers - March Watercolour- Anything Goes
1 Crazy Stamper - Anything Goes
613 Ave Create - Anything Goes
A.I - Let's Watercolour
Sweet Stampin - Anything But a Birthday

Have a great day whatever you're doing. x

19 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I think this is a great looking watercolour Viv and I like the simplicity of just using the trees to create your scene. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Canonbury creations said...

Lovely delicate effect Viv perfect with those trees.
Val x

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your card Viv and a great effect with the baby wipes

Anne

Joan said...

Love the serene scene Viv. I watched a YouTube about using Baby wipes and have used the technique a few times ( clever B***** aren't I hahaha. The you tube was by stamping made simple, the most annoying lady ever but she does some good videos.

Joan x

Sarn said...

Love this baby wipe and ink card Viv. Gorgeous background and fab tree stamping.
Never tried the technique myself, so am no help to you whatsoever (as usual!).

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Barb said...

Your card looks beautiful Viv. I've not heard about this technique before and it does sound a bit scary but I'm going to have to give it a try. I love the effect you've achieved with your baby wipes.

I'm well armed with baby wipes. A couple of years ago I put baby wipes on the shopping list for my hubby who elected to take over that job when he retired. I made a point of stressing "alcohol free". He said it took him and a kind shop assistant ages to check all the products on sale to make sure they were alcohol free. From that time onwards, whenever I put baby wipes on the list he comes home with a large multipack! Barbxx

Kathleen said...

Wonderful creation.

Kath x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin, good luck!!! Amy DT

Gibmiss said...

Looks fabulous Viv... must try it
Hugs Sylvie xx

aussie aNNie said...

Loving this Viv.x ♥[aNNie]

Pia S said...

I haven't tried any baby wipes techniques either for the same reason as you. I might grab a package though. Love the subtle colors in here. Beautiful design!

Mrs A. said...

Well in the absence of having either a baby or the proper wipes to hand your card is brilliantly done. Love the colours. Perfect with the tree stamp. Hugs Mrs A.

Viv said...

Great pastel card here Viv, not tried the technique myself as yet so no tips from me I'm afraid ;) hugs Viv xx

Linby said...

I've never tried this but based on your gorgeous card I think I need to.

Sammy said...

this is so lovely! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Viv! Beautifully crafted scene, with the soft colors, allowing the image to be the star attraction. It's gorgeous! hugs, de

Inkyfingers said...

You created such a lovely scene Viv and that technique looks so interesting!
Thank you for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Pat said...

What a great idea to use the wipe to lay the inks on to the card Viv, and the trees work beautifully over the top. A fabulous technique. x

Nat said...

love your creation, such a beauty!! :) Thanks for playing along over at One Crazy Stamper! :) Natalie DT