Wednesday 8 June 2016

Peacock Goose!

The sunshine has deserted us so far today although it is still very warm and humid. We had a big storm last night and likely will get another today judging by the sky!
I have a free day (as long as I ignore the housework!) so have a bit of time to go into the craftie space.
I have made another 'man' card. (Feel free to applaud - LOL)

The second one I have done like this and not my original design!

But I needed something to get me back into making after all the travelling and I appear to have left Mr Mojo at a bowls club somewhere - cos he deffo ain't here with me.

All the card is from SU. Mr Goose stamped onto a scrap of white card and the oddments from the main card layered behind. I painted his chest with a little Peacock Feathers DI!
Banner made with the rest of the card and three brads added.
Woodgrain background and the sentiment also from SU.

I might again have to have a look into my 'Inspiration' folder and case something as I am sat here with a blank desk and an even more blank mind!! I am really angry as for the first time in weeks I have a day where I can create and 'create' has disappeared!!

Challenges -
Addicted to Stamps - Make Your Mark
TIOT - All about Him
Tueday Throwdown - Man's World
Crafty Boots - Masculine
OLLCB - 1 for the Boys.

Thanks for having time to call by - if you find Mr Mojo please can you send him home?
Have a great day whatever you're doing. x

20 comments:

Mrs Beez said...

This is superb and very stylish. I love the pop of colour with the monochrome. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Sarn said...

. . . and BREATHE . . . relax . . . dispel those angry thoughts . . . pick up your inspiration folder and go create something wonderful!

Oh, and I am applauding your terrific male card . . . can you hear me?

Hugs, Darn Sarn xxx

PS: Failing the above, I suggest a gallon of hooch! LOL!

brenda said...

Still got the sun here Viv and only a rumble of thunder last night but thing change is in the air. Love that Goose and the hint of green carrying the colour.

B x

Pia S said...

When having been away from crafting for a little while it always takes me a little time to get into the flow of things again.
This looks fantastic, the design of the birds goes so well with the woodgrain print...

Cara said...

Love the limited colour palette of this card. It's always the way isn't it, you either have the time or the inspiration and never the two together! Cara c

Carole said...

My mojo is away with yours I think...but despite missing yours you have in my book created a fabulous card Viv.....really unusual and brilliant design and great for those men folk!Love the touch of blue on the goose. You are so right about having the time and no ideas , and for me it certainly is usually the case, and the other way round...lots of ideas and no time!! think its called Sods law :) Cloudy here all day, but warm! No storm/rain yet...fingers crossed now!

Mrs A. said...

I like your goosey. He looks very elegant with his splash of peacock colouring. I think our mojos have booked a summer holiday somewhere together! Hugs Mrs A.

Kathleen said...

Love that wood effect paper and the image , great design and colour choice.

Kath x

Meggymay said...

A fantastic image and you created a super card for a man. So pleased you joined us over at TioT's this time.
Yvonne xx

Joan said...

Join the club Viv! I've spent all afternoon producing ziltch except one very mediocre card, don't seem to have one original idea in my head but I do love your Wetland Goose card, the little touch of colour really lifts the card.

Joan

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fabulous card, great images and that hint of mint green looks incredible. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Canonbury creations said...

Love this card Viv, that stamp set is my go to for men and looks great against the hardwood stamp. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms cos I can't access my craft room because the builders and decorators are in my sitting room and my craft room is off there :0(
Val x

Unknown said...

I really like the colour combination and the design! Such a fun card! Thank you for joining us at ATSM this week!
Kamila DT

Marlies said...

A beautiful card Viv! Very elegant and with a fab colour combination. Marlies x

Martina Svoboda said...

Perfect color balance, it's gentle and original card.

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Isn't it annoying when Mr Mojo deserts us?
You have nothing to worry about, if this is what you create when he's AWOL :-)
Super card. xxx

Mrs.B said...

A great masculine card, love the wood background.
Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
Avril x

Michelle J M said...

A fabulous card for a man. Love your colour choices. Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La Creations. Michelle x

cotnob said...

This is a brilliant card Viv, such a fabulous design with the little splashes of colour.
Thank you for joining us at Ooh La La Creations.
Pauline
x

Pat said...

This is a great masculine card Viv and I love his peacock coloured chest and the wood grain background too. I don't think Mr Mojo has left you at all but I understand how you must feel as all that travelling must be extremely tiring and routine goes out the window which must make it difficult to settle when you are at home. x