Thursday 23 June 2016

Great sentiments!

Sadly my good intentions to spend some time in the craftie space on my return from the International series just went out of the window. Have spent the last 2 days doing paperwork, house work and other work!!! Have a meeting tonight but made myself sit for an hour to rest my back and make something (again Mr Mojo not here)....
Image from LOTV with some stronger colour added with Promarkers. I don't have to make a lot of kids cards but these pads have been useful for the odd ones I do have to make!
All of the papers are from my stash and are left overs. Playground for a quick visit then!)
Sewing machine was uncovered as I have been hemming a pair of bowling trousers and it seemed a shame to put it away without using it to add some interest to the card.

The sentiment is one of the set of kids sayings that I have had for years too... but all of them in the set make me smile.

I added a rather large button  from my stash (as it was the right colour) and a snippet of ribbon.
Looks OK despite Mr Mojo being on his holidays still - I think?
Am hoping that over the next few days I can get out my inks and really create something instead of staring vacantly at stamps and embossing folders!!!

Challenges -
Male Room - Buttons
Ruby's Rainbow - Square
Crafty Sentiment Designs - Kids
Crafty Creations - A/Goes.

Thanks for calling and leaving any comments. Really appreciate it and despite my absences it's nice to know you're all still with me in blogland!
Have a great day whatever you're doing. x

19 comments:

Buffy said...

A gorgouesly cute card. Your square botton is so cool! and a great choice of colours. Thnak you for joining in with us this week at The Male Room.
Hugs
Buffy xx

Kathleen said...

Really lovely card Viv, and great choice of colours.

Kath x

Meggymay said...

Ah Viv. this is a darling card. The image is so adorable.
Yvonne xx

Anet's Crafting said...

Adorable card Viv. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Crafty Sentiments Designs. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Sarn said...

Lovely baby card Viv. Sorry to hear Mr Mojo us still in hiding, but u wouldn't know it from this card mate.

I am having a great day so far Thanku xxx

Di said...

Harrumph, just lost a half written comment. As I was saying, it's great to see you in the Playground Viv and your Mojo doesn't seem to have gone in the least. This is such a darling card - cutest little chap and a brilliant sentiment too :) Plenty of snippets, stitching and a lovely button and ribbon - perfect!

Hugs

Di xx

An Occasional Genius said...

It looks fab Viv, despite the alleged absence of Mr Mojo! I love all that stitching, always in awe of stitching on cards or clothes. Never been a strong point of mine lol! xx

Cara said...

Fab card, love the stitching details and that shade of ink is yummy. Cara x

Loll said...

Adorable card Viv. Great idea to take an existing image and add some extra colouring to make it pop. That little guy is so cute and the sentiment is sweet! Love that pretty button accent too. xx

Viv said...

Gorgeous card Viv, just love that cute image too! ...how you find time to make cards is beyond me though with all your travelling lol !!!....so sorry late commenting this week too ;)hugs Viv xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is a beautiful card, love your stitching and a fab button. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room. Faith DT

Rae Ann said...

Such an adorable little sweetie! Love the colors you chose for this and the stitching is just the perfect touch.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs for our Kids challenge.

scrappymo! said...

This is so very sweet. My memory was flooded with images of my girls answering the how old question. What a great sentiment!

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliantly made creation...such a fabulous design...xx {aNNie}

cotnob said...

An adorable card Viv, such a sweet image and perfect sentiment.
Pauline
x

Linby said...

Love that sentiment and the little button is so cute on the washi.

Andreja said...

What a fantastic card with button you made :-)) I like your sweet image.
Thank you so much for joining us at The Male Room!
Hugs, Andreja

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card thank you so much for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow, hope you will join us again in the future
Shaz DT x

Pat said...

I love this cute little chap Viv and the pretty spotty papers and the button with the ribbon. The stitching is just perfect used here too. It is no wonder you feel unlike any cardmaking at present when you are so busy with your bowls commitments, that said this is a beautiful card. x